Iran’s consulate in Najaf |
UK expresses concern over attack on Iran’s consulate in Najaf ۰۹ آذر ۱۳۹۸

UK expresses concern over attack on Iran’s consulate in Najaf

UK expresses concern over attack on Iran’s consulate in Najaf TEHRAN – British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has expressed concern over attack on Iran’s consulate in the Iraqi city of Najaf, Iranian Ambassador to London Hamid Baeidinejad said in tweet on Friday.
A group of rioters stormed into the Islamic Republic’s diplomatic mission in Najaf on Wednesday and set it ablaze. They also replaced the Iranian flag with an Iraqi one. Reportedly, the consulate had already been evacuated of its staff.
Iraqi Foreign Minister Mohammad Ali al-Hakim has apologized to the Islamic Republic.
During a phone call on Thursday, Hakim told Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif that his country was committed to protecting Iran’s diplomatic missions and their staff in Iraq, according to Press TV.
This is the second attack on an Iranian diplomatic mission in Iraq after its office in the Shia holy city of Karbala was attacked last month.
Iranian Ambassador to Baghdad Iraj Masjedi said on Thursday that ..